Sunday, November 8, 2009

He said 'YES"!

So, I took a purposeful walk downton yesterday.  My mission was to photograph some strangers. Johnstown, PA isn't the most camera friendly place. Why? I don't know. It's really nothing much to do here. I would love for somebody to come up to me and ask to take my picture and chat a little bit. Maybe I'm just weird.

Anyway, I saw this amazing athlete zipping around on a unicycle! A unicycle! How cool is that?! I had a empty memory card, fully charged batteries and a half pack of peanut butter cookies. I wasn't gonna let this opportunity pass me by. So, I gave it a shot.  I made eye contact with him and showed him the ever so obvious camera hanging from my neck and nodded my head..................... "Huh?" That's what he said because he was wearing headphones. I asked him if I could take a couple pictures of him and he agreed. Maybe I shouldn't have even said anything and just started shooting.  It seems like as soon as I asked him for his permission, he began a mad dash around the park on his human powered one wheeled vehicle.  It was kind of frustrating and fun trying to keep up with him but I got some cool shots.  I shot him with a 50mm 1.8 MKI and 40D.  Here is one of my favorites...




Before I got his picture, there was a woman absorbed in the daily news. She almost made me want to buy one for myself! I shot her with a 100-300 5.6L @ 300mm, f5.6.  I didn't ask her anything. Reach was on my side...



Get out and GET SHOOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might tell you why I look like a ninja in my profile pic tomorrow...maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. Colin,

    I really like how you captured the subjects' personalities in these photos.

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?